6 Things Every Personal Injury Lawyer In Billings Should Tell You
Tourtlotte Law is highly experienced in handling personal injury cases. Every year, many individuals reach out to us to understand the process of starting a personal injury case and what happens after a case has been filed. In Billings, Montana, Tourtlotte Law is recognized as an expert in the subject of personal injury and can help you understand what happens when a personal injury lawsuit is filed and what to expect after. Reach out for a consultation with our team today if you want to understand more about your rights and what to expect from your personal situation.
6 Things Every Personal Injury Lawyer Should Tell You
- Obtaining Medical Treatment Is Necessary – Without medical treatment, you don’t have a case. There isn’t a jury in the world that will justify a personal injury claim without serious injury backed up by medical treatment and statements from a medical professional. The best lawyer in the world cannot make a jury see an injury that isn’t documented.
- Your Attorney Needs All Of The Detail – Don’t skip out on any details of your case. Your lawyer has to carefully examine every detail and scrutinize the events. Without complete honesty and accurate details, your attorney is not going to be able to give you an accurate determination of the strength of your case.
- Lawyers Hate Surprises – Lawyers prepare for any counter-claim that could come out during a trial. If your lawyer finds out information from the other party that you did not share, he will not be prepared to fight the allegations and protect your rights. Don’t let hidden details come up – make sure your attorney has all of the information necessary.
- You Have Better Chances If You Hire An Attorney – You can try to fight a small claim on your own, but your chances of succeeding are much higher if you do have an attorney who understands the laws of the state and how to handle personal injury claims the best way. You will also get faster results.
- You Probably Won’t Have To Go To Trial – Most personal injury claims don’t make it to a trial. Typically, a settlement is reached first. Your lawyer will make demands and negotiations with the other party until a deal is reached. The end of the claim is near and a lawsuit is unnecessary.
- If A Settlement Can’t Be Reached – The lawsuit is filed and the case will go to trial. Don’t expect a fast outcome. The judicial system can be slow and you may not see an outcome until even 2 years after the trial is reached.
The step-by-step process of a personal injury claim is unique to each situation. When you work with the professionals at Tourtlotte Law Firm in the Billings, Montana area, your specialized attorneys will help you understand the intricate details of your case. You don’t have to expect an overwhelming and drawn-out process. Hire a professional like Matt Tourtlotte in Billings, Montana to get faster results today!