How To Avoid Car Insurance Claim Denial
Victims of automobile accidents are often surprised to find that many car insurance claims are denied – especially when the at-fault party was proven to be “at-fault.” Following a car accident, victims are often left with medical bills, lost wages, physical injuries and other damages that cause pain and anguish…and financial burden! Compensation from an insurance claim is completely necessary to help victims recover from the accident, yet many never see it.
There are many reasons why car insurance claims are denied, and many are avoidable. Tourtlotte Law Firm in Billings, Montana wants you to take the necessary steps to ensure that your car insurance claim is handled right so that you get the compensation you deserve. You can schedule a free consultation by clicking here.
What Causes A Denial?
Many factors can cause a car insurance claim to be denied:
- Mistakes In Filing The Insurance Claim – There are many steps that need to be taken before and during the time period in which an insurance claim is filed, and often they need to be done in a certain order and in certain time-frames. Mistakes in paperwork are an easy way to get denied for an insurance claim. This can be easily avoided by hiring an automobile accident lawyer to help you make sure everything moves along smoothly and timely.
- Not Reporting The Accident On Time – Time is a huge factor in an insurance claim. Failing to take immediate action when an accident happens can be the difference between receiving compensation and receiving nothing. Don’t wait to report an accident. Insurance policies specify timeframes in which an accident must be reported – for your best outcome, always report an accident as quickly as possible.
- Not Receiving Immediate Medical Attention – Failure to seek medical attention right away is another reason automobile accident claims are denied. Immediate medical attention is important for treating injuries, and also for preventing further injury. Medical records are an astounding benefit to you when filing an insurance claim, without proof of immediate medical treatment, the insurance company could deny your claim completely.
- Insurance Coverage – The type of insurance coverage associated on the policy will also play a role in a reason a claim is denied. Insufficient coverage might mean that the damages suffered exceed the policy’s coverage, coverage limits might have already been used, or that the policy doesn’t include the right coverage. A claim will also be denied if the at-fault driver is not included on the insurance policy.
Avoid Insurance Claim Denial
In some instances, you will not be able to avoid a car insurance claim denial. No matter how bad the car accident is. Driving negligently, under the influence, and violating driving laws will stop you from winning an insurance claim. But, in many cases, your car insurance claim can avoid denial and dispute.
- Keep records and documents from the time of the accident. Clear and well-documented records can help ease along the claims process, and help you meet your end goal faster.
- Don’t wait to get help. Don’t wait to report the accident, to contact the insurance company, or to seek medical attention. Immediate action will reduce the risk of having your insurance claim denied and will also help you recover physically and financially faster.
- Seek legal assistance. From the start, you should consult with an experienced attorney who can help you assess the damages and determine maximum compensation. You have a right to a fair claims process and hiring an automobile accident lawyer can help you avoid pitfalls and reach justice. If you find yourself in a settlement situation, a lawyer can negotiate the terms on your behalf and make sure that you are fairly compensated.
Don’t waste any time – you may jeopardize your future. Contact the professional automobile accident lawyers at Tourtlotte Law Firm in Billings today!